Ensuring A Never-Ending Story
Our vision is that the library will shine far into the future as an innovator in educational and cultural partnerships in our community. We know the library will touch many lives with the power of learning as the clock continues to tick.
- Send a check to: ACLF, PO Box 456, Clarkston, WA 99403
- Set up a monthly donation via automatic deduction at your bank.
- Support the annual auction via your attendance and donations.
- Create a legacy in remembrance to honor a friend or family member in your Will. Include the Foundation as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy or future financial plans.
Now it’s time for Phase 2!
In Phase 2, an Early Literacy Center will be developed in the Children’s area, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) lab will be set up for teens, bathrooms and the meeting room will be updated to meet current ADA standards, data and electrical will be upgraded to run more efficiently and allow future innovation and the 26 year-old worn furniture and carpeting will be replaced.
More people, more technology, more needs. The number of patrons is growing and the amount of time these people are spending in the library, especially with computers and WiFi, is escalating.
- Nearly 80,000 people come in our doors annually.
- 263 people, on average, come in each day that the library is open.
- 126 people use our computers each day and that is growing.
- Approximately 75 people use our WiFi daily.
- Over 106,831 items were checked out from the library last year.
- Over 4,500 children and teens attended programs last year
There will be more room for:
- Children to enjoy wonderful story times.
- Excited elementary children to participate in hands-on activities.
- Teens using the library and computers to complete their homework research.
- Under employed utilizing the career catalyst center to improve their lives.
- Adults to use computers, read quietly, enjoy the library.
Your library promotes a prosperous community, a literate society, and lifelong learning for people of all ages.
Libraries are a legacy for future generations, preserving the heritage of the past and opening doors to the promise of the future. The Library Foundation is a steward of that legacy. Your Asotin County Library helps patrons navigate the internet, manage digital information, search extensive database resources and download materials. Your library integrates new technologies in creative and exciting ways to enhance and expanding patron experiences. The library offers incredible and affordable fun for the whole family.
Our Board Members
Patti Bakker, Treasurer
Jan Goodheart, Secretary
Jennifer Ashby, Library Director
Susan Pakula, Library Board
Dennis Rousseau, Friends of the Library
The Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization created in 2008, leveraged monies donated by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to provide $28,600 worth of new computers at the Downtown and Heights Branches.
- Membership Card
- Annual Newsletter
- Invitation to Members-Only Events
Ready to Join ACLF?
Asotin County Library Foundation
417 Sycamore Street
Clarkston, WA 99403
Just want to talk to a person? Give us a call!
Phone: (509) 254-5372
Fax: (509) 254-5371
You can develop a plan that best suits your individual interests and needs. Talk with your advisors who can help you match a gift with your requirements. Some of the most common methods of giving and some of their tax advantages are:
Wills and Trusts
A bequest in a will or trust is the most common way of making a future gift to the Library Foundation. You can leave a legacy in our community by simply adding a paragraph in your will.
A life insurance bequest can provide support to the library for generations to come while providing tax benefits for you now.
Retirement Plans (eg IRAs)
Reduce Estate and income taxes through your generous gift to the Library Foundation.
Charitable Annual Remainder and Lead Trusts
Generate cash today with spendable income, obtain tax benefits now and still support yourself or your children, while enhancing the financial health of your library.